SCBB is internationally accredited for its cord blood activities by AABB (formerly known as American Association of Blood Banks); its laboratory operations by College of American Pathologists (CAP) since 2010. We continue to be re-accredited biennially. For our collection of cord blood units for related and unrelated donations, accreditation from FACT-NetCord was achieved in 2014.
In line with its commitment to provide the highest standard in safety and quality, SCBB delivers its services through the practice of internationally accredited techniques of collection, processing, banking and disposition of cord blood units for transplants.
Affiliated to National Marrow Donor Program in the US, SCBB’s public cord blood units are listed on Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide (BMDW), a global stem cell donor database. These units are accessible by Transplant Centres around the world, who search for matching cord blood units to facilitate life-saving stem cell transplants for their patients.
SCBB has been a member of World Marrow Donor Association since 2006. An association of international cell donor registries, WDMA provides a forum for members to discuss and share industrial expertise. SCBB is also a member bank of Net-Cord in recognition of our commitment to provide high quality cord blood units for transplantation through globally recognised standards and accreditations.
- Accreditation for cord blood banking activities received on 1 April 2010.
- The only AABB accredited public cord blood bank in Singapore and South East Asia. A dedication and commitment to high safety and quality of cord blood units.
College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Achieved laboratory accreditation from College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- CAP is the world’s largest association composed exclusively of Board-certified pathologists and is widely considered the leader in laboratory quality assurance.
- The College is an advocate for high-quality and cost-effective patient care.
- Accreditation awarded in April 2014.
- Accredited for unrelated and related cord blood collection, banking, and release for administration.
National Marrow Donor Programme
Adhering strictly to the standards imposed by the US National Marrow Donor Programme (NMDP), SCBB was recognised as a NMDP member in April 2007.
- This international recognition of SCBB’s commitment to stringent quality and safety standards has linked SCBB to a network of established and creditable public cord blood banks and transplant centres worldwide.
- Following changes in U.S. FDA’s licensure requirements for Unrelated Cord Blood Units (CBUs) in 2011, all international Public Cord Blood Banks affiliated with NMDP are expected to fulfill NMDP’s Investigational New Drug (IND) requirements in order to import Cord Blood Products through NMDP to USA. SCBB meets this requirements and has been an affiliated member of NMDP since 2011.
- Member bank since April 2016.
- NetCord is a non-profit association consisting of cord blood banks committed to provide high quality cord blood units for transplantation through globally recognised standards and accreditations.
- These standards ensure that the operational processes of member banks like SCBB are updated regularly to keep up with the latest developments and requirements of high-quality banking.
World Marrow Donor Association
- Membership since 2006.
- Partnership with international stem cell donor registries and exchange of collective expertise with this international group.