Accreditation / Affiliation / Membership
American Association of Blood Banks
- Membership obtained in December 2007.
- Full accreditation for public cord blood banks received on 1 April 2010. This accreditation recognises SCBB as an equivalent to a public cord blood bank in the United States with cord blood units from SCBB shipped to the US for allogeneic use without special handling or variance.
- The only fully AABB accredited public cord blood bank in Singapore and South East Asia. A dedication and commitment to high safety and quality of cord blood units.
College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Achieved laboratory accreditation from College of American Pathologist (CAP).
- CAP is the world’s largest association composed exclusively of Board-certified pathologists and is widely considered the leader in laboratory quality assurance.
- The College is an advocate for high-quality and cost-effective patient care.
- Accreditation awarded in April 2014.
- Accredited for unrelated and related cord blood collection, banking, and release for administration.
- FACT is the only accrediting organisation that addresses all quality aspects of cellular therapy treatments: clinical care, donor management, cord blood collection, processing, storage and banking, transportation, administration, selection, and distribution.
National Marrow Donor Programme
Adhering strictly to the standards imposed by the US National Marrow Donor Programme (NMDP), SCBB was recognised as a full NMDP member in April 2007.
- This international recognition of SCBB’s commitment to stringent quality and safety standards has linked the local public cord blood bank to the network of established and creditable public cord blood banks worldwide, allowing patients from other countries to search our registry for a suitable match.
- Following changes in U.S. FDA’s licensure requirements for Unrelated Cord Blood Units (CBUs) in 2011, all international Public Cord Blood Banks affiliated with NMDP are expected to fulfill NMDP’s Investigational New Drug (IND) requirements in order to ship CBUs through NMDP to USA. SCBB meets the requirements and is an affiliated cord blood bank of NMDP since 2011.
"…SCBB will give ethnic Asians in the West and other parts of the world hope. An ethnic match for cord blood will mean a higher chance of a cure."
Dr Jeff Chell, NMDP Chief Executive Officer
(The Straits Times, 25 September 2007, Home, H6)
- Member bank since April 2016.
- NetCord is a non-profit association consisting of cord blood banks committed to provide high quality cord blood units for transplantation through globally recognised standards and accreditations.
- These standards ensure that the operational processes of member banks like SCBB are updated regularly to keep up with the latest developments and requirements of high-quality banking.
World Marrow Donor Association
- Membership since 2006.
- Partnership with international stem cell donor registries and exchange of collective expertise with this international group.